|so tasty, and SO ridiculously simple and quick!|
- Low cal oil spray
- 1 medium onion
- Couple of cloves of garlic (I actually forgot to add these this time!)
- 750-1kg of mushrooms. I used Portobello (which are the exact same as normal white ones but because they are grown outside rather than in dark warehouses, are brown in colour, with a slightly more umami taste. Try and choose the larger open ones no matter what, as they are stronger in flavour. As long as they're fresh, there's no need for them to be similar in size or colour. You can really use ANY mushrooms for this soup, but try getting the larger, cheaper ones. :)
- 500 mls or so of fresh chicken stock, hot (or 2 organic free range chicken stock cubes and 500 mls hot water)
- salt, pepper, mixed herbs like herbes de Provence or Italian herb mix.
- 300mls skimmed milk (maybe more)