Headed off to the stoopermarket and found a variety of mushrooms, so thought we'd make something with them. I really felt like potato something, and gnocchi sprung to mind <3
And so was the birth of the baked gnocchi mushroom dish :)
|The finished product. melty, golden mushroomy potato goodness.|
Ingredients, served 2:
- a packet of potato gnocchi (something i hope to make in the future from scratch!)
- 400 grams mixed mushrooms, we had swiss brown, regular button, a few chanterelles, oyster and a couple that i have no idea of the name, teenzy ones similar to enoki, oh and shiitake ones also! I'm sure you can make this with just regular mushrooms with great success!
- 1 packet baby spinach, around 100 grams
- 1 small tub creme fraiche, probably about 100mls
- some butter, olive oil, pepper, salt
- small amount of grated cheese
- garlic, chopped
|Some of the mushrooms :)|
|You know you're Mediterranean when your hands do as much talking as your mouth.|
At this point boil the gnocchi for a minute or so, literally blanch them as they will keep on cooking in the oven.
Toss the gnocchi with the sauce, place in a lightly greased baking dish (we used an oval ceramic one) and sprinkle with some grated cheese (i think i used some finely chopped gouda and parmesan).
Pop in a hot oven for about 15-20 minutes until the top is golden brown, then serve :)
Seriously a lovely winter warming dish :D